I am a stay home mom, and my 'duties' include chauffeuring the kids around, preparing lunch, washing the dishes, putting the dirty laundry in the washing machine, preparing material for home-learning, supervising homework, arbitrating fights, keeping the house (relatively) clean...
I have a little over two hours of 'me time' every weekday morning when they are in school. Besides trying to complete some of the things listed above, I fit in a BSF meeting (once a week) and gym sessions (once/twice a week).
As such, the lunches I prepare are usually one pot wonders. Meals must be fast to cook with minimal washing thereafter. Recently, I found something even better than one pot wonders... I outsourced the job of preparing lunch to my kids!
For pizza base
A loaf of bread
For pizza toppings
* Pick as many of the above as you like or replace with something that your kids like to eat
Before beginning, pre-heat oven to 190 degree Celsius.
1) Lay pieces of bread on a baking tray and spread a thin layer of tomato paste
2) Sprinkle a generous amount of Mozerella cheese on each slice of bread.
3) Top with your favorite ingredients.
4) Pop in the oven for 5 minutes.
5) Fill your tummies :)
Other than cutting up the sausages into thin slices, the boys did everything else. They loved making their own lunch and eating it!